Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 12:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Default The Official Drug Thread

We need one.

Share experiances/ideas/debates/whatever.

My ideas (taken from a post on another board so excuse me if some parts seem like I'm talking to people).

I feel that marijuana's ways of altering thinking (at least in my case) have improved my life immeasurably.

For instance: When ever I listen to music now I always feel like it's being played live right in front of me. And depending on what I'm listening to (electronica does it most) I have a "trip" of sorts. When I close my eyes I see color corresponding to the notes and hear each pitch as if it's being sung rather than played.

While high, I've had many "eureka" moments where I understand everything around me. Whether it be the human condition (no life experiance is unique, we're connected with the past and it's the past that drives the future), to screaming in music (singing's been around for thousands of years, only recently (relativly speaking) screaming has become big in music. In large part due to the message being shared (this mostly pertains to hardcore and metal with understandable vocals)), to sex (to hard to explain), to friends, etc etc.

I believe that psychoactives are very much part of the human condition. Every naturalistic civilization in the world (American Indians, Aztecs, Eurasian peoples) use such "drugs" as spiritual mind openers. From peyote to marijuana to mushrooms, these substances have shaped where we are today whether people like it or not. I feel it's important to accept that fact.

All that being said, pot (and other psychoactives for that matter) are NOT for everyone. It's already been said in this thread but certain people have addictive personalities. Pot becomes their excuse. I smoke 4-5 times a week usually, maintain a 3.8 GPA my senior year, got a 1400 out of 1600 on my SAT exam, engage in structured debates in school and outside of it. I can do all this because I realize that pot is a mind opener. I don't smoke to feel good. I smoke to experiance life in new and interesting (not always pleasant either) ways. And I think that is a major part of it.

Alcohol is legit too. But I'd rather have a mind**** than just go numb and want to **** something (and be pisspoor at it too).

Shrooms, LSD, DMT and Mescaline are high on my list of things to try. But I need to a) obtain them and b) make sure I'm in the right mood/setting before I do.