Music Banter - View Single Post - The Air in Which We Search For A Deeper Meaning
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowe
Music Addict

For some reason I feel like I came off as being harsh... I don't want it to come off that way - I wrote the way I wrote because you seem to be an intelligent person due to the way you wrote, and commented on someone else's piece. It wasn't through arrogance or anything, just talking in ways that writer's talk to each other, after all, I am one. However, I see now, that I did not mention how much I liked the idea and the direction of the piece, and the reason I am bothered by all of the bulky words is because you are taking away from the meaning instead of adding to it, imo.

About the words, since Crowquill felt the need to stand up for you *which was unneeded, as I wasn't attacking you* the problem isn't whether or not I understand the words, personally. Crowquill, when you can explain to me the correlation between literary devices and rhetorical concepts, and their functional importance to literary technique... then you can throw a dictionary's definition at me :-D. However, I think as writers we owe a little bit to our readers, no? Some readers will understand this, and some will not. You can not base your readers' educations on your own, and not allow any lee-way.