Music Banter - View Single Post - Blame the folks who sold the future for the highest bid
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Default Blame the folks who sold the future for the highest bid

Post your favorite folk lines/verses.

Lol, I nearly posted like 2000 elliott smith/bright eyes lines.

"The worlds become just a little too mean"
- Bright Eyes

"remember all the songs and the way we smiled in those basements made of music"
- Bright Eyes

"nobody broke your heart, you broke your own cause you can't finish what you start"
- Elliott Smith

"As soon as they were settled as the richest of the rich, they kicked away the ladder, told the rest of us that life's a bitch."
- Frank Turner

"you've heard a million songs and never tried to sing i've read hundreds of books and never wrote anything I love you just the same"
- Rocky Votolato

"I didn't mean to hurt you i'm sorry that I made you cry oh no, I didn't want to hurt you i'm just a jealous guy"
- John Lennon

"I know you have a heavy heart, I can feel it when we kiss so many men stronger than me have thrown their backs out trying to lift it"
- Bright Eyes

"My mama told me 'baby stay clean, there's no in between.' but all you ladies and you gentlemen, between is all you've ever seen or been"
- Elliott Smith

"I think you lost what you loved in that mess of details"
- Bright Eyes

"You don't deserve to be lonely, but those drugs you got won't make you feel better. Pretty soon you'll find it's the only little part of your life you're keeping together"
- Elliott Smith

"And were defiantly going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell"
- Frank Turner

"the Mexican children kick rocks into the street and they laugh in a language I don’t understand but I love them"
- Bright Eyes

"they say that god makes problems just to see what you can stand before you do as the devil pleases and give up the thing you love"
- Elliott Smith

"If I sold my soul for a bag of gold to you, which one of us would be the foolish one?"
- Bright Eyes

"I know a girl who cries when she practices violin because each note sounds so pure it just cuts into her and then the melody comes pouring out her eyes now to me everything else it just sounds like a lie"
- Bright Eyes
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote