Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Grunge Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #116 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaSCREM View Post
Number one if you watched the movie Hype! you'll realize nearly all the grunge bands didn't want to be big stars it sort of just happened, all of the big bands even all of the smaller bands were garage bands not intending to make it big.
First of all I don`t really care what someones motivation for making music is. I judge it purely on what I hear.If it sounds like a weak Nirvana clone thats obviously only been signed by a record company to make a bit of money then i`ll say thats what it is. And if you think there are any less people invoved in grunge that are 'in it for the money' than any other genre you are seriously deluding yourself. If artists were about 'the music' and not money perhaps you can point me in the direction of all the best critically acclaimed grunge albums released on independent labels between 1994 & 2000.

Quote:
When you bring up songs written by other bands and songwriters this shows that the bands that re-did the song had respect towards the artist
that originally made it, it's no wonder why those songs were good because those bands like Mudhoney spent days trying to make the song great and it was a very great song as well as all of the other re-did songs.
I would try & counter this point but I have a feeling not even you know what it is.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote