Music Banter - View Single Post - The Big Bostonian Vs. The Croatster
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #153 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Vote for whoever you want, its just interesting to me that he got more votes when he asked why he was losing.
Pity votes are the best.

Quote:
The reason I say that Indians are a more educated people isn't really based on the education system. And let me be a little stereotypical here, I said India, and my "research" has been regarding india, but I really meant everyone from that region as well. A large majority of the Pakistahnies I met are better educated.

Heres where I think we come to two roads diverged in a yellow wood. While education systems, that is to say government sponsored institutions of education may be in fact piss poor in these countries, the populace has a more insatiable appetite to be educated. So while they don't have the standards that other countries might, they learn more on their own.

I was reading an article about the practices of editorship in the feild of journalism and it said of the Inidan presses something tot he effect of "how shameless of the papers there to place unwarrented Algebra problems in the paper as its own section."

This was obviously humerous, they didn't think this was bad business, sneaky marketing or underhanded at all but more to show the educational and informational wants of the diffrent populacies. The Indian population wants alegebra problems in their daily newspapers because they hunger for more knowledge. In my highschool you couldn'y force 5% of the Alebra class not to skip out. This is the basis for my reasoning. I apologize if it was somehow half fleshed up previous, as I think I statred before, I was busy...
And if you had read what either Tom or I had said on the subject you would have realized that isn't relevant at all. How many people in India actually buy and read newspapers? You have a squewed perception of those countries...Tom could probably fill you in on the level of education there and the standard of living seeing as how the man has actually spent some time there. All the curiosity in the world won't help you much if you're struggling to survive and are living on 5 dollars a day.

Last.fm