Music Banter - View Single Post - 1 in 10
Thread: 1 in 10
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #40 (permalink)
WhyFightHomosexualRights?

Quote:
Its the old testament, with the eye for the basis. Christians live by Christ's words, and to turn the other cheak. We don't want to kill for sin, because its a sin itself. And if you read the whole bible, you'll know what to die means:
And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
It means they'll be cast into the lake of fire and not inherit eternal lifee, so it is to die.
Ah, yes. You live by Christ's words, the Old Testament is rubbish.
Well, since you have already admitted that you live by Christ's words, then you should know that you are NOT TO DEVIATE from Old Testament law. In Matthew 5:17-19, Jesus is speaking to his disciples and he says:

Do not think that I have come to abolish the law of the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fufil. Amen I say to you until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or the smallest part of the letter will pass from the Law, until all things have taken place. Therefore whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven

Here Jesus clearly says that we are not to for-go Old Testament Law, and not to teach others that it is okay to for-go Old Testament Law. Well, you just tried to tell me that we do not have to follow Old Testament Law, directly contradicting what Jesus says in Matthew.