Music Banter - View Single Post - 1 in 10
Thread: 1 in 10
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 05:59 AM   #220 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Gay sex rarely results in the need for abortion. Anti-abortionists should love it.

Lets all say a big yay to gay!!!

I personally that with regards to christian marriages, or marriage under any other religion, its up to the leaders of those religious establishments to determine who can and can't be married by them and what this marriage entails. If rules relating to those marriages discriminate against any particular group then I don't feel there's anything particularly wrong with that... if you want to be part of a certain religion then there's no use bitching when their rules don't suit you.

For marriages in general, though, I don't really see what the problem is with homosexual marriage and I don't think it's the position of religion to set the rules by which non-religious types get married, if they are married in a non-religious way. Marriage is a tradition, a tradition that is perfectly capable of existing independent to religion. The idea of marriage between two people predates modern religions by a long way, so the suggestion that modern religions carry some greater moral weight with regards to how marriage is carried out doesn't really hold. Modern religion didn't invent marriage, so it has no right to set the guidelines for non-religious marriages. I personally believe that religious people should be payed less attention than non-religious people when it comes to opinions on non-religious marriage, as religious marriage is their scene rather than non-religious marriage.

Last edited by DontRunMeOver; 01-09-2007 at 06:30 AM.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote