Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Overrated AND Underrated At The Same Time?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

IMO everything from S/T to BSSM is essentially what Seltzer said.

One Hot Minute - Some great musicianship especially in Fleas part, but the overall result is a very mixed one, its a good thing that this was the only album Navarro played on.

Californication - While this album clearly lacks the funk (save a few tracks) I think its a great record, oh well, call me a sucker for mellow rock if you will, I think this would have made a great swan song if they just stopped from here.

By The Way - Essentially, this is probably the weakest album they have ever done, they took what made Californication great and started turning it into their signature sound, which I really dont think was a great idea, after Californication they should have went straight back to the "funk-punk" sound, but whatever, who am I to decide what style of music a band should be playing? I still like some of the songs.

Statium Arcadium - I haven't actually heard the whole album, but from listening to the singles it really seems like I'm not missing much.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote