Music Banter - View Single Post - Justice vs. Simian
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseketeer View Post
I've just downloaded 'We Are Your Friends' which is a really good, catchy tune. Does anybody else know anything about these people? Last.FM says they're similar to The Knife, who originally did the 'Heartbeats' song that José González covered, apparently. Is that right?

But anyway, good tune.
Justice is a French duo that did a remix of Simian's "Never Be Alone," and got really big off that. They released an excellent EP last year, Waters of Nazareth, they have another album coming out this year, and they're excellent DJs.

Simian (who are definitely worth checking out, Brian Eno produced their second album), broke up and some of the members went on to form the also excellent Simian Mobile Disco. They've released a bunch of singles, remixes, and things like that, and I highly recommend you track down the song "Hustler" (one of the best from last year), as well as "It's the Beat" and "Hot Dog," their two latest. I'm told they're also good DJs, but I haven't seen them.

The Knife sound more like SMD than Justice, anyway. They're all lumped in with the Electro sound that's big right now, but Knife and SMD do more typical sounding Electro (SMD are a bit House-ier), while Justice are more influenced by 90s French Touch, filtered house, and all that good stuff.

They're all worth checking out.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote