Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Album Of All Time (revealed)
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 08:10 PM   #100 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepStu View Post
please, nirvana would be nowhere near as big or talked about today if it wasnt for Kurts suicide, morbid, but true. his death has immortalized a band that made one decent record and a couple of mediocre records. One good album does not compare to at least 4 great albums. And plus, without the pixies, sonic youth, melvins or mudhoney, there'd be no nirvana and no marketable term known as "grunge". Kurt and co. merely made a movement mainstream, much like the strokes did with the garage rock scene, and i guarantee if casablancas popped his cloggs everybody would be ho-ha'ing over the greatness of a band, like nirvana, who made one very good album and 2 average at best.
The first paragraph has partial truth to it, everything else is pure bullsh*t, Nevermind and In Utero were BOTH very good albums, as was the unplugged album.

Nirvana were already pretty much the most popular band in the world when Cobain died, with Pearl Jam still very popular today, so I'm sure Nirvana would be as well, even if not as much as they were before Cobain died.

Quote:
without the pixies, sonic youth, melvins or mudhoney, there'd be no nirvana and no marketable term known as "grunge".
No sh*t, whats your goddamn point?... That having influences is bad?

And Raine, The Foo Fighters barely even had an impact, you can argue for quality, but as far as I'm concerned in overall greatness, Nevermind is a top 50 album.

But Colour and the Shape is probably in the top 1000 I'm sure.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 01-12-2007 at 08:18 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote