Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Album Of All Time (revealed)
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 01:18 PM   #132 (permalink)
Crowe
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
You should try their earlier stuff. It seems alot less forced than the stuff on Night At The Opera.
Apparently you missed my "Biggest Fanboi Evar" self-tag. I can safely assume that I've listened to every Queen album moreso than any 3 board members combined can say they've heard Bohemian Rhapsody in their lifetime. I take pride in my Fanboidom as they are the only band I've really been loyal to for the better part of 90% of my life. While the first statement seems overblown, it should make clear my love for the chaps from the island, eh govs?

Also, Queen never had to force anything - it may seem that way because of their style, their show etc... I think you are putting down Night At The Opera because you took stock in a trendy article or what someone who you respect said about it. I bet if you took a listen with un-jaded ears, you will find a masterpiece in all of it's own right...

That being said, Sheer Heart Attack is my favorite album all around, Hammer to Fall and the Prophet's Song are my favorite songs... but if I had to take one album on an island with me to die with... it would be A Night At The Opera.