Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Album Of All Time (revealed)
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 07:59 AM   #141 (permalink)
Crowe
Music Addict

EDIT: Let me say that this is all in good debate and in no way am I attacking you. In fact, I respect your opinions for what they are, but I can't say I agree with most of them in the least. But I do sometimes get a bit aggressive in debating, let me assure you that this isn't personal, just a concious flow of thought - that being said... on with the post.

The fact that you call the last 13 studio albums of Queen bland astounds me to no end. Occasional experimenting? Some of the statements you are making are factually wrong, it's not even opinion based. I guess I don't know what to say to you...

Ok... let me throw this out there. I will say this again, I believe you are letting your preference for the first 2 albums define the band for you, which is FINE of course - I don't think that's wrong. But you are discounting the rest of their career, which is what I find to be... er... well, ignorant.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than ten people who share this opinion with you who know anything about music. You don't have to be obsessed with Queen to see the absolute inaccuracy written here.

Note: I'm not writing about your preference for the first 2 albums, or even that you think that they had "lost their edge". But if you don't think that the work that they did after Queen or Queen II was BOLD, DIFFERENT, or QUITE OUT THERE... then you simply are in the wrong.