Music Banter - View Single Post - Nick Cave is Better Than All The Artists That Have Threads In Here
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 10:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
But thats basically the point i`ve been making all along.
I don`t deny he had potential , but he never fulfilled it. I think it`s unfair to say that someone COULD have been better than someone else if they were never around to prove that they were .Nick Cave has been putting out top quality albums for over 25 years both with the Birthday Party & his own stuff, there are not many bands that can say that. I can`t think of a single dip in quality throughout his whole career.
To suggest that Jeff Buckley is better on the strength of one album , of which he didn`t even write around a third of it just seems a bit stupid to me. And that is why I think Nick Cave is better than Jeff Buckley.Plus I think Nick Cave has a much more expressive & distinctive voice.
nick caves had a longer and more fulfilled career, im not denying that. but based on the statement hes "better" than every other artist, im just saying i think buckley is better in that he had a much better voice than cave, buckleys vocal range and the emotion that exudes from his voice makes him a better singer. we're never going to agree on this so lets just agree to disagree!
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote