Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rolling Stones vs. The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #422 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

I'll just assume you get this and for anyone else who did not, I'll explain myself.

The idea that the bealtes changed the way music was done and is still having an impact is so commonly known to any music fan its disgusting. While I'm not saying it was copy and pasted from a web site, palgerised from a music journal or stolen from your neighborhood snarky indie music critic, it could have been and everyone knows it could have been. Rather than address this in such a manner, I decided to point out the absurdity of writing such things on a music message board where people come to dicuss music. We know this, why point it out?

My second reason for addressing the all too common argument is that, since the Stones aren't given the same type of talking points in every peice of print dedicated to them (presumably because their still together, and that Keith, Mick and Charlie havn't died yet), no one knows arguments for the Stones well enough to defend them. So what you have here (and im refering to Urban here, not myself) is a stones fan who knows what he's tlaking about and making valid points based on a knowledge of a catalouge while the presumed "Beatles fan" is just saying what has been said to him.

I decided to not be the anal retentive den mother I usually am, apparently the sarcastic method isn't appreciated either.

Theres your cred, hippie.