Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated and Overlooked Guitarists
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 08:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
breakingbenfan13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
1) Kai Hansen - The godfather of Power Metal. Vocalist, Song-Writer and most importantly, a stellar guitarist. The riffs in his songs usually stay stuck in your mind once you listen to them.

2) Luca Turilli - Guitarist for Rhapsody. His solos are really fiery.

3) Alexi Laiho - Vocals and Lead Guitars for Children of Bodom.
wel the first 2 are deffinitly good but alexi gets alot of recognition.

I'd have to add Greg Howe mainly because he works as a studio musician and even though he's been in some big numbers he hasn't really been recognized and if you check out anything he's done with Vitalij Kuprij you'll see although im sure he's got alot of hter great stuff too.

and Tokki from stratovarius a small band over here and probally in a lot of places although i immagine there big in finland and the surrounding countries.

Zachary Hietala from Tarot, the founder Marco Hietala is probally more known for his role in Nightwish but his brother (and probally marco) is a great guitarist and does so pretty cool things.

Mats Haugen from Circus Maximus a very small time Norwegian Prog Metal band. but he's insanely good albeit a little too john petrucci-ish.

Jari Maenpaa (Wintersun, Ensiferum)
Tim Roth (Into Eternity)

there probally **** loads more too.

"there all painted by Michael Angelo, not that guitar
n00b I mean the one that painted jesus on that celling and stuff"

-John Petrucci

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKMYeXkYcgs
breakingbenfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote