Music Banter - View Single Post - Sonic Youth, Man
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 06:13 AM   #47 (permalink)
White Lies
destroy oh boy!

Daydream Nation seems to be an album that divides opinion more than most. If you look at the comments on Amazon, lots of people say that they absolutely hated the album on first listen, but the more they listened, the better it became, until eventually, perfection. This is certainly true for me, as well.

As it stands, Daydream Nation is the only album I've heard which I'd give a perfect rating to. When listened to from start to finish (and I mean REALLY listened to, not just casual "oh i'll stick this on while I'm browsing the internet" crap), it's the most powerful thing I've ever heard. It's so dystopic, so chaotic, it perfectly captures a sense of disillusionment. Yes, I'm a ****ing fanboy.

I like most other Sonic Youth albums quite a lot, but none can come close to DDN. For me, Sister is the overrated Sonic Youth album (although still good). I mean, Hotwire my Heart...my god, no.

I like Confusion is Sex, as well. Lots of cool guitar techniques that they never really fully utilized again.
White Lies is offline   Reply With Quote