Music Banter - View Single Post - The Blood We Shed Is All We Have
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Trauma
snickers

Dude you are unbelievable, The Black Dahlia Murder in fact have been heavily influenced by At the Gates, but they were around ten years ago. BDM came out with an even more innovative metal sound enfused with more hardcore and melody. That alone certifies their greatness, despite the fact that the musicians are also exceptionally skilled at their instruments, and the singer sure as hell can belt out screams.

To Unfan, I've seen The Black Dahlia Murder twice, both times it was amazing, they have fantastic energy and make the performance extremely believable. Unlike a metal act such as JFAC, they retain their sound in live performances, the preamps aren't raised as much so the guitars sound the same, and the amplified drums are nearly identical to the recordings.

By the way, where the hell did you go Ethan? The Black Dahlia Murder are in no way "scene fags trying to play real metal". At their shows, ninja dancers are hardly ever tolerated, the players radiate fierce energy but still uphold the concentration it takes to play their parts exceptionally well, and the music rarely involves a breakdown (instead focusing on extreme musicianship and performance for the audience). All in all they're a damn good band and put on a damn good show, contrary to the beliefs of The Unfan.

For the record The Unfan, I respect your opinion and know that you are entitled to one, I'm just saying it's wrong.