Music Banter - View Single Post - holistic healing
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

It is a different type of medical treatment that focuses on more than just the medical symptoms and the medical treatment. Instead it focuses on the whole body, making sure all parts (social, nutrition, lifestyle, ect.) are in order, because to become better, all of those things have to be in good order.

yea. I spent a whole week up in the Berkshires (i don't know if i spelled that right) at a place focused on Holistic healing. They took away all fatty, salty foods, caffeines, and sodas. Then they send you to the doctor who tests your blood for any drugs and ****. Then you have to talk to a dietitian who makes this insanely healthy diet that you HAVE to eat. But you're required to tend 2 yoga classes a day on top of 1 hour of aerobic exercise. I did have acupuncture though a couple of times (feels so ****ing amazing). And a couple of aroma theropy sessions and massages (also feels great). The weirdest thing i did was with a spiritual person who like sensed my aura using a crystal and hummed a lot and made a lot of creepy predictions about what might happen if I don't adjust my aura and find inner peace. The best part was i met Uma Thurma while i was there and did yoga with her.

sorry that was probably a little longer than you wanted.