Music Banter - View Single Post - The "Core" Education Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 04:05 PM   #83 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendude View Post
The "riffs" are in no way unorthodox. There's nothing really special about them, he plays them quickly and it just comes across as pretentious. And everything really just seems to clash, the vocals don't match the instrumentation (they hardly even match themselves) and the lyrics are incredibly unoriginal. Their guitarist is the only thing people really have good things to say about, and honestly none of the guitarwork is that interesting; you can argue that it's technical, but I find it incredibly boring. I mean, there are certainly bands out there that are worse, but there are plenty of bands that are better... You like what you like, I'm just surprised that so many people here like them.
Sorry, the fact they aren't the same lame solos you hear in most musics made me think they were unorthodox. I really don't see how the vocals don't match the instruments or the thoms riffs don't fit good. Care to explain?
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote