Music Banter - View Single Post - Blue Oyster Cult thread
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 06:12 PM   #34 (permalink)
almauro
Way Out There

SECRET TREATIES is one of rock music's greatest achievements. The remastering is spectacular, lending this recording great depth and texture. What's really killer is when Dharma, Bloom and Lanier line up the guitars and play triple leads left, center and right, creating a layered effect, pushing the framework of modern rock music to boundries its never been to, since. If that's not enough, you've got the tightest rhythm section ever recorded...and keyboards! Secret Treaties is one of the most creative and entertaining progressive rock recording, easily comparable to Ziggy Stardust, Who's Next, Machine Head, etc. Treaties starts strong, and never lets up, songs flowing seamlessly into each other, creating a unified suite of songs, the last time BOC produced such an "Album Oriented Rock" record, abandonning this approach for uneven albums, and steller singles the rest of their career. Sensing the inevitable ending during the resonating piano of "Flamming Telepaths" and "Astronomy", I hoped this experience would last another 40 minutes. Instead, when done, I immediately played the cd again...with headphone. Needless to say, this is on my heavy rotation...as well as their debut and Tyranny and Mutation.

Party Guy
almauro is offline   Reply With Quote