Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 01:24 AM   #4752 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Best of luck man, that stuff can be pretty draining.

This week has been fuckin' ace. Tuesday I went rock-climbing up these pretty sweet rock faces on top of the Port-Hills, it was so much fun making it to the top, the view was really good too. We fully baked up there though, a good 27'c all day long up the top. Probably nothing to you Australians though right? Oh and I learnt why you guys have such constantly high temperatures too if you want me to expain that sometime.

Woke up Wednesday and spent the day doing river crossings, that was pretty cool, had to pretend to get washed away in the current and then use some navigation and swimming to make a safe exit. The only downer was that the river wasn't that deep so all the rocks on the riverbed pounded my arse all the way downstream, and one bastard went straight up the middle and nailed my tailbone!

Then today I did some navigation, using topographical maps and compasses to work out where we were exactly. It's a pain in the arse how the earth tilts 23 degrees, because the maps are drawn to point "true north" while compasses point to "magnetic north" which are two completely different things. So you'll never be able to line a map and a compass up correctly without doing a wee bit of math. I was up in the hills again for that today, it was even hotter than Tuesday, maybe 28 -29'c, I was like a glazed ham in the oven, but a pretty stoked ham.