Music Banter - View Single Post - who's the coolest punk-rock band???
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #113 (permalink)
acratertocoffin
Is The Spider

My God, what is with restarting ridiculously stupid thread from a year ago and assuming that the last person will continue on as if they've been frozen in time and haven't evolved in music tates since 2005? This is the fourth one for God's sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtech12 View Post
but get to some large CD store, most likely in your local mall. buy anything by these artists:
I'm going to go ahead and give you the dirty little secret: You are not going to find any good punk in a mall. Every band you listed on there is well known by everyone except for Minor Threat and Bane. And you know why? Because they are the most easily accessible, mainstream crap you can find. I could go through every band on there and tell you exactly why they suck or why you're the reason that MC Lars made a song called "Hot Topic Is Not Punk Rock", but I think it would hammer the point home a little too hard. Here's a clue though, try going to a local show. Try: Don't go into a Hot Topic, scope out the T-Shirts and run home to Myspace those bands that you don't know but because they have anarchy signs and British flags on their shirt, by golly they simply must be punk rock. You're not going to find punk in a manual or a mall, you find it on your own.

On topic though:
Reagan Youth
One Way System
Black Eyes

Night of the Living Fred
Tuesdays at 11PM US EST
www.fredoniaradio.com
BAND INTERVIEWS
acratertocoffin is offline   Reply With Quote