Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic albums any true music fan should own or at least listen to
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #163 (permalink)
Crowe
Music Addict

Elvis Presley - Elvis' Golden Records - 1958 - The first Rock and Roll Greatest Hits Album
Roxy Music - Roxy Music - 1972 - One of the most underrated bands of all time.
Chuck Berry - Rock, Rock, Rock - 1956 - Contains Maybelline, the "first" rock song.
Sam Cooke - The Man and His Music - 1986 - Sam Cooke died in 1964, this was released in 86, but most of the songs are from 55-57.
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy - 1973 - I don't believe there is no Zep albums on the list yet.
Tomorrow - Tomorrow - 1968 - Good luck finding this groundbreaking 60's psychedelic band. I only have this album on vinyl - inspired The Who to write Tommy.
The Who - Tommy - 1969 - The first rock opera of and in my opinion the greatest.
Traveling Wilburys - Volume I - 1988 - You have George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty in a band... how has this been missed?
Elton John - 11-17-70 - 1971 - Elton John was once a huge rock star before he became the jangling, oldies joke of today... this live album rocks hard.
The Pogues - Red Roses for Me - 1984 - Debut of the Pogues, beautiful rock from our favorite celts.
Heart - Heart - 1985 - Yea... Heart... that's right. This album rocks, so give it a try before you dismiss it.
T. Rex - Electric Warrior - 1971 - Did we forget T. Rex, too? Come on Mb.
The Yardbirds - The Yardbirds - 1966 - Um.. started the careers of Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page - lead to the creation of Led Zeppelin (but the YB sound NOTHING like LZ)

I'll post more later