Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic albums any true music fan should own or at least listen to
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 02:32 PM   #167 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521 View Post
Most of the songs are pretty good, but that doesn't mean we need all 18. I think chucking a bunch and consolidating to one disc would give us a much stronger set. I guess my main issue is, that if you're gonna put a double album out...Every song should be top notch so that we feel like none could have been left out. While there's nothing I'd be willing to sacrifice in Blonde on Blonde, I think I'd be doin' just fine without about half of this album. Especially when it degenerates into bland soft rock that I almost expect to hear on the top 40 radio stations like on"Dance All Night" and "Life is Beautiful". There are songs here where it doesn't sound to me like they're trying very hard. Where the instrumentation is indistinctive and Ryan voicing trite sentiments like how he wants to "dance all night" and how something "makes [him] believe" and as for "Blossom" if you're gonna make a risk sounding pompous and even a little cheesy by making a piano ballad...it'd better be damned amazing.

All complaints aside though...do you happen to have Love is Hellthat you might be able to upload? I've heard it described as a blend of the Smiths, Jeff Buckley and Radiohead...and if that's anywhere near accurate, then wow.
Let's not speak in plural now, I definitely do think all songs on CR are top notch and except for Rosebud, none of them could have been dispensed with. And you're a heartless bastard for dissing the man and his sentiments. I'm sure anyone that has been in love and has felt any heartbreak would see where Mr. Adams is coming from and wouldn't write it off as "trite". Blossom...Christ...serenity now!

What's Love is Hell? Is that his, song, album? I only have CR, 29, JCN, Heartbreaker and Gold.

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote