Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic albums any true music fan should own or at least listen to
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 02:41 PM   #168 (permalink)
Strummer521
Pepper Emergency!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Let's not speak in plural now, I definitely do think all songs on CR are top notch and except for Rosebud, none of them could have been dispensed with. And you're a heartless bastard for dissing the man and his sentiments. I'm sure anyone that has been in love and has felt any heartbreak would see where Mr. Adams is coming from and wouldn't write it off as "trite". Blossom...Christ...serenity now!

What's Love is Hell? Is that his, song, album? I only have CR, 29, JCN, Heartbreaker and Gold.
Love is Hell is an album I've read about but never been able to hear. Anyone who's been in love would understand lots of songs...that doesn't mean they're all good. We have enough sentimentality without substance cluttering up the pop culture roadmap, so if a song is sentimental but doesn't approach its subject in a unique compelling way I'll quietly take a detour. comparing love to a flower? Oh the innovation!!! sweet Ryan, allow me to rest my head in your lap and do tell me more .

Note: I know I'm being a bit of an ass with those last few comments, but I got a chuckle out of being called a heartless bastard and decided to run with it.