Music Banter - View Single Post - Best band: Round 1: Poll K
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 09:08 PM   #42 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Yeah, I think I may take a stab at it again once this is all done, because alot of the polls seem to be like that. This is more of a trial run, sort of. Theres alot of things i'll do differently next time.

Also (I didn't bother reading through the argument I more skimmed because I didn't see the point in reading through the whole thing), i'll be more specific in the future. I didn't really think people would be super technical over my choice in words, pick whatever band you want based on whatever criteria you choose to vote, best, favorite, coolest name, w/e.
I still think it's a good idea and the way it's been done is good so far, and no iceberg has been hit as yet, although we have caught sight of one coming up.

Some possible adjustments to be made for round 2...

I say we make it that you pick your favourite. Because "best band" will always result in an unfair poll because some people will still pick their favourite even though they know band "abc" is probably better. Not to mention the result is highly likely to be the Beatles once again *yawn*.

So how about just before we get stuck into the 2nd round of polls, we go through and pull out all the 2nd placed artists and let them through as well? This would be good as it's a second chance for everyone to vote knowing everyone else is voting on the same criteria. The criteria being; who's your favourite of the options available?