Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic albums any true music fan should own or at least listen to
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #201 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Some more.....

Fairport Convention - Liege and Lief (1969) (Folk /Rock)
The starting point of British folk rock , a huge influence on what came after.Constantly tops polls voted for by fans of folk.

The Kinks - The Village Green Preservation Society (1969)(Britpop)
Copied by almost every british pop band from 1980`s onwards

Sly & The Family Stone - There`s A Riot Goin On (1971)(Funk)
Sly Stones answer to Marvin ***e`s Whats Goin On ...literally.
Political , Dark, Funky and one of the most iconic album covers ever.

Big Star - Radio City (1972)(Power pop/Rock)
Big Star invent power pop 7 years too early and influence 3 decades of indie pop bands

Curtis Mayfield - Superfly (1972)(Funk)
The greatest movie soundtrack ever made. F*ck Saturday Night Fever.

The Specials - S/T (1979)(Ska/2Tone)
Single handedly launched 2Tone , were probably the most important band in the UK in the early 80s and had the record sales to back it up.

Public Image LTD - Metal Box (1979)(Post Punk)
About 1000 time better than never mind the bollocks and thats listed.More ambitious , more inventive and much noisier than the Pistols ever were.

New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies (1983)(Dance)
One of the most underrated albums ever in my opinion , New Order take italian house music and make it relevent by adding their take on living in Thacherite Britain

The Fall - This Nations Saving Grace (1985)(Post Punk)
Because I have to include a Fall album.The only time I ever had any respect for Pitchfork was when they voted this the album of the 80s. Wouldn`t go that far myself but this is the most important album for me from the mid 80s.

Faith No More - The Real Thing (1989)(Funk Rock)
It can`t be a coincidence that after this came out hundreds of rock & metal bands started slapping their bass and adding rappers in the band. Doesn`t get anywhere near the credit it deserves.

De La Soul - Three Feet High And Rising (1989) (Hip Hop)
I think this is the greatest hip hop album of all time.

Massive Attack - Blue Lines (1991)(Trip Hop)
First trip hop album ever made and started an entire genre , first band to mix hip hop , reggae , dance , electronica ...and so on & so on.

Belle & Sebastian - Tigermilk (1996)(Indie Pop)
Almost single handedly restarted the scottish indie scene and was one of the most sought after albums until it finally got a proper release about 5 years later.And was just as good as was expected.

Daft Punk - Discovery (2001)(Dance)
Best dance album ever made? ... I think so

And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Source Tags & Codes (2002)(Rock)
If you want rock albums post 2000 , I can`t think of too many more deserving ones than this.
Added everything except Daft punk, perhaps Homework is better?

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote