Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic albums any true music fan should own or at least listen to
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #214 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Elvis Presley - Elvis' Golden Records - 1958 - The first Rock and Roll Greatest Hits Album
Roxy Music - Roxy Music - 1972 - One of the most underrated bands of all time.
Chuck Berry - Rock, Rock, Rock - 1956 - Contains Maybelline, the "first" rock song.
Sam Cooke - The Man and His Music - 1986 - Sam Cooke died in 1964, this was released in 86, but most of the songs are from 55-57.
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy - 1973 - I don't believe there is no Zep albums on the list yet.
Tomorrow - Tomorrow - 1968 - Good luck finding this groundbreaking 60's psychedelic band. I only have this album on vinyl - inspired The Who to write Tommy.
The Who - Tommy - 1969 - The first rock opera of and in my opinion the greatest.
Traveling Wilburys - Volume I - 1988 - You have George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty in a band... how has this been missed?
Elton John - 11-17-70 - 1971 - Elton John was once a huge rock star before he became the jangling, oldies joke of today... this live album rocks hard.
The Pogues - Red Roses for Me - 1984 - Debut of the Pogues, beautiful rock from our favorite celts.
Heart - Heart - 1985 - Yea... Heart... that's right. This album rocks, so give it a try before you dismiss it.
T. Rex - Electric Warrior - 1971 - Did we forget T. Rex, too? Come on Mb.
The Yardbirds - The Yardbirds - 1966 - Um.. started the careers of Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page - lead to the creation of Led Zeppelin (but the YB sound NOTHING like LZ)

I'll post more later
:sigh: I have major issues putting live albums or greatest hits on the list. And House of the Holy for Led Zep? It would be nice if someone could back this list up because I've not heard a single album from it. And Tommy??? I still have nightmares from that movie!! Crack is bad kids!

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote