Music Banter - View Single Post - Ralph Nader
Thread: Ralph Nader
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Default Ralph Nader

I used to think the man was partially insane, and hey maybe he is. But I went to see his documentry the other day called "an unreasonable man" and I've never been more inspired by a man in my life. They documented his fights in the 60's with the Big 3 (not me exactly but the auto industry my name is pointed at) all the way up through to the 2004 election.

I can honestly say that watching this I've never been more touched by a human being, or felt more sick to be living in America today. It inspired my thesis work, and it made me sick of everything I held dear. I've always wanted to change politics, heres a man who'd done it for years and is now finding that the system sold out to corporations years ago.

The film also did a couple other things that are worth note:

1. Made Pat Buchanen seem like the most likeable guy ever. Very honest and logical

2. Skewered the **** out of Micheal Moore who amkes great documentries but is such a d-bag asshole.

Also, I thought the title was a slag against him but the film starts with this quote:

"A reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw