Music Banter - View Single Post - Evanescence - The Open Door
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dark Circle
Music Addict

Smile Evanescence - The Open Door

Even since they released Anywhere But Home, I have been anxiously waiting for their new album. As soon as it arrived to the stores, I rushed to buy a copy. I as so excited while I was putting the CD in my player, but as the first song started playing, my excitement suddenly beggined to fade. By the end of the CD I was so depressed that I even couldn't remember my name! I couldn't believe I have wasted my money on this! I hated it! And then I said to myself: "YOU BOUGHT THIS CD AND NOW YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE IT!!!" So I kept listening to it and after the fifth time it happened: I liked it!
Now, the fact that I now like The Open Door doesn't change the fact that Evanescence couldn't fullfill my expectations. The album is good but not nearly good as Fallen. Every song on Fallen is great, and I can't seem to make myself like Good Enough and this is a big minus for The Open Door. After several atempts to like it I realsed that it is a song for the Mariah Carey fans and since I am not one of them I will never like it. The album would be much better if they replaced Good Enough with The Last Song I'm Wasting On You. Unlike Good enough, this IS a good song. Another big minus are the lyrics. Earlier I could find myself in Amy Lee's lyrics and now they are nothing but a bunch of meaningless words written on a paper. There are only two songs with good lyrics on the album ant they are Lithium and Like You. I have noticed that she ues the word "bleeding" a lot in her songs. I mean, she has been bleeding for so long that her fans, including me should really start worrying for her health!
A pleasent surprise was the booklet. Although it doesn't contain many pictures it is very nicely done and this kind of booklet calls for people to buy the cd.
Now, here is why you should buy this CD:
Although it is not a CD for first listening, after you hear it a couple of times you'll like it a lot.
It has many good songs. In fact all songs, except Good Enough are good!
Holding it in your hands makes you feel like you're holding a unique artwork.
Becouse YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ECANESCENCE!!!
Best songs on the album:
Lithium
All That I'm Living For
The Only One
Your Star
Weight Of The World
The worst song on the album:
Good Enough
Dark Circle is offline   Reply With Quote