Music Banter - View Single Post - Election 2004
Thread: Election 2004
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rockafella Skank
Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Hey, I see all you guys saying that you hate Bush. I'm just wondering why.
I'll try and keep it short.

<Begin rant>

Our country was doing great in the year 2000 when Bush took over. Our economy was booming, stocks were up, the country was at peace with most nations of the world (not including terrorists), and everyone was really happy. You could just see how happy people were from just the look on their faces. Then comes along Election 2000 when Bush loses the popular vote, but wins the electoral vote. First of all, that's just such bull crap that that can happen, but anyway, moving on. Bush then comes into office with all these "great ideas" about how he is going to be making these huge tax cuts where people will be saving lots of money (read: a few hundred dollars if that much), but in return the country starts racking up a huge deficit. Basically, the Bush team starts spending too much money and can't afford to because they cut hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes. Great. Thanks Bush, now I will have to suffer the affects when I'm on social security later in life, because there won't be money to give out. Anyway, then we go to war, and we make asses of ourselves because there were no WMD and there really wasn't a threat. Now the whole world hates us, we are in major debt, and our country is at the lowest unemployment rate it has been in the longest time (I think since the depression in the 20s?). All I can say is... we have Bush to thank.

<End rant>
Rockafella Skank is offline   Reply With Quote