Music Banter - View Single Post - Song of the decade
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian Logic View Post
I am aware that Smells Like Teen Spirit is the one Nirvana song that everyone knows, but I think it is also one of the most overrated. Since I think everyone is stuck on using Nirvana as the 90s i'm not going to bother suggesting other artists. I believe that one of Nirvana's better, though a bit less popular song, like Come As You Are.

The song I would pick though is 21st Century Digital Boy, solely for the reason it got me into Bad Religion, and I think the lyrics are more representative of the 90s than Smells Like Teen Spirit's lyrics are (i'm going to get attacked for saying that).
Did you miss the point of the thread? Aside from the whole its what song goes with each decade for the individual person. I don't see whats so surprising or wrong with using Smells Like Teens Spirit, it was Nirvanas biggest hit and a huge song for the 90s.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote