Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 12:33 PM   #379 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

^I want to comment that in general people are so biased to their religious and political views that they cannot look at the issues at hand, instead make a decision about an issue without looking at any of the facts. Hopefully, you are not doing that.
"People hate America because of our freedom" this quote seems to be straight from GWB's mouth. I don't agree with that assessment. I don't think "radicals" is the proper term in this case. People who kill in the name of allah, yes that is radical. But, hating americans for our lack of moral decency is understandable in my book (remember, we're talking two totally different cultures here- if anything, this is why people hate americans- for our lack of understanding of other's cultural and social backgrounds)
You also cannot say we're "better than they are", because that is one of the reasons stated for hating americans: arrogance.
Im not gonna comment too much on the Iraq war, but I will say that it was certainly not the top priority in the war on terrorism, but our occupation there made it a top priority. What happened to Afghanistan and the Pakistan border?
Also, you did not have to explain your disapproval for G-A-Y marriage, because nearly (if not all) opponents of it site religious reasons. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I don't think this is a political issue. My personal opinion: I don't think heterosexuals should be telling homosexuals how to live.
These are great topics btw. I love discussing this sh*t