Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic albums any true music fan should own or at least listen to
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #258 (permalink)
TheUsedToolguy
Account Disabled

Tool-Undertow-IMO, this is their best album, and probably their easiest to get into. Sober, and Prison Sex got radio play and were great songs. On Intolerance, Maynard's ferocious assault on people's tendency to lie, cheat and steal is worth a listen. Bottom includes guest vocals from Henry Rollins who is very dark and confrontational in his performance. Undertow showcases guitarist Adam Jones' talent as he goes off on a crazy solo towards the end. My fav. track on the album is Flood, which has no words for the first 3 min. or so, and builds to a blistering rage at the end of the song that makes the hairs on my arm stand up.
Rage-self titled, singer Zach de la Rocha doesn't beat around the bush in his brutal lyrical attack on Western culture and government. Right out of the gates 'instead I warm my hands upon the flames of the flag' is a testament to that. Some highlights include Bullet in the Head, filled w/ relevance in today's society of listening to your T.V. before your heart. Know Your Enemy is my fav. track w/ guest vocals from Maynard James Keenan. Zach makes it clear here that he's not going to apologize for speaking out on America's imperialist ways. Wake up is another plea for us to inform ourselves of America's secretive past. Freedom finishes off the album w/ Zach sarcastically yelling 'freedom-yeah right!!!!!!' brilliant and funny as well.
If u want to listen to a CD, and not skip tracks while listening to good quality music all the way through, u won't go wrong w/ these 2. Although u will hav to wait a while to hear the song Disgustipated off Undertow, and then the bonus track after that. All in a All, it's worth the wait.
TheUsedToolguy is offline   Reply With Quote