Music Banter - View Single Post - Dixie Chicks Grammy Win
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman View Post
First off Toby Keith doesn't write songs just to sell records. Like everyone in country music he writes songs about what he feels. Honestly when 9/11 happened I'm pretty sure everyone in America was like lets go get those terrorists. People were looking for anything but a peaceful agreement. Now getting off politics.
Oh yeah, I know my first thought when I found out about 9/11, it wasn't "Shit the poor victims familys" it was "YEAH MAN LETS KICK SOME TERRORIST ASS CUZ THATS THE AMERICAN WAY!!1"

Quote:
I have to disagree with country just being pop with steel guitars. I'll admit that country isn't what it used to be anymore. That's all because like everything else in music it has evolved throughout time. Every artist that comes along will always have differnt influences than the next person. And through those influences the the person will find their sound. It's not just going to be just straight country anymore. Which is sad in a way but well thats just how it is.
I don't see much difference between all the modern country artists i've heard and some of the less hip-hop pop/dance pop artists i've heard. Other then theirs a steel guitar thrown in or something like that.

Quote:
Also from the first person who responded to my post. Carrie Underwood is not manufactured trash. First off this girl has raw singing talent. No training whatsoever. By the way just to be clear Rascal Flatts is country. I'm sick of people saying that their "Western Pop". That's not even a genre. I'll even settle for Country/Rock or Contemporary Country.
Oh yeah? Which is why he sounds like a bland soft rock artists made for parents and yes, she is manufactured trash, tons of people are fantastic singers it doesn't make them good musicians.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote