Music Banter - View Single Post - Satellite Radio
Thread: Satellite Radio
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 12:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Predator
Whatever

By what I understand about HD radio, it is pretty much an extension of regular local stations. It is also broadcast on public airwaves making it subject to FCC censorship. I did look at HD, but it didn't seem worth a long look. I know that at this point, I can get less than 50 stations to choose from in my area. Of the listings I've seen and the very short time I actually listened, I saw no point. I didn't hear anything I liked. Saying that you shouldn't have to pay for radio is like saying that you shouldn't have to pay for tv. Subscription based radio is the natural progression much the same way as cable and satellite tv. Paying $12 per month to hear good music is pretty resonable of you ask me. Then there is the fact that I can drive from LA to Seattle without changing stations.
Going beyond saying that HD is better than Satellite because you shouldn't have to pay for it, could you provide a little more input? Are the stations any good? Are they much more than an extension of the regular stations? Since it is free, is there the same level of advertising as you would find on a regular radio station? Is it censored?

Matt

I be a lunatic

The answer is hidden in plain view.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote