Music Banter - View Single Post - Open friendly debate.
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 09:57 AM   #188 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaNaNer View Post
with it being a victimless crime...there should never be any jail time...
I agree, in terms of possession. Like I've said before, if somebody is operating a machine or doing a job which becomes much more dangerous when they are under the influence of the drug then this should be jailable, or punishable in a way which reflects the potential dangers they are creating.

I don't agree with TheUsedToolGuy that it should be illegal to be high when at work. I think it's the choice of the worker and the company as to what state it's workers should be in. I don't see why it should be any different to being drunk, or being generally incompetent, in that it should only be illegal if its actually DANGEROUS.

It isn't generally in a companys interest for people to be high and therefore unfocussed and unproductive at work. It isn't in the workers interest to be in this state. Being high at work should be a reasonable grounds for in-company disciplining and even dismissal... but not imprisonment! Market forces would generally be enough to stop everybody from being high at work.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote