Music Banter - View Single Post - i am tierd of emo kids who dont know what emo is.............
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 09:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
David Frost
Music Addict

no you wont. i hate rants, and this is going nowhere.

emo stands for nothing. it is a word. fish or rock or whistle dont stand for something longer. emo is simply a genre of music. for the past couple of years (with the high point of this being right about now), this genre has been exploited and ruined.

people have different views on music and i understand that. however, i have to say that my opinions on music might be more educated than others. not because im smarter, that isnt the case. the reason is that most people that argue with me on here actually dont know what they are talking about. they listen to my chemical romance and taking back sunday for 2 weeks and then they freak when i say something. these kids wont go listen to Indian Summer, Hoover, or I Hate Myself..
i have heard both emo and what people call emo now. i guarantee that this slightly altered mind person has know idea who these bands are.

now there are exceptions on this board, so i dont piss off everyone. people like Thrice and Riseagainstrock have developed styles in music and listen to both, i dont know how or why, but at least they have a concrete basis for their tastes in music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
And to think that just because you are a citizen you deserve certain rights is ridiculous.