Music Banter - View Single Post - Godsmack
Thread: Godsmack
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #82 (permalink)
Strummer521
Pepper Emergency!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsedToolguy View Post
not always hurried, sometimes forced, or basically like it doesn't come from within, and just sounds unnatural. If you've ever listened to the radio, I'm sure you've heard plenty of it. Alice in Chains, like Tool, was a band I started out not liking. Like them or not, there music has a very slow feel to it, and should probably be pushed aside by anyone who consumes more caffeinated beverages in a day than water. So it sounds slow, unhurried, unforced, and will more than likely appeal to people who like to live life slowly. That's what I do. I don't live out on a farm, or anything. I just don't like a lot of hustle & bustle. I generally like relaxed people, relaxed music. The people in Tool are generally relaxed, but Maynard draws upon his experience with frustration w/ the outside world in his songs. Although I love feeling relaxed, sometimes when I get antsy I want to scream, or hear someone like Maynard scream. That's what's cool to me about Tool, they have very soothing music, and shrieking music. They don't confine themselves to one sound. Life can be calm and can be hectic, and you get both of those energies in listening to their music

So. Slow = good. How of you.