Music Banter - View Single Post - A Slightly Manic Monday
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #57 (permalink)
ItsRed
Music Addict

Some firewall/ security software will prevent sending files. Are they Word attachments, or image files?

It'd be really nice to see and I really appreciate your effort. I tried to convert a story yesterday called 'Teez (Hungarian 'ten,' not a cute spelling of 'tease')' and deleted the whole text in some autosave mishap. errrrrgh. I may have it on my flash drive.
It's pretty funny and I hope to send it soon.

You know how I said I was going to have some time.... well.... probably within hours of that I got every weekend in March and two in April filled up. Mostly good stuff though, but I want to be lazzzzy.

The issues with Alder, with really most any high idealist, is they get hot on one idea and get too focused on one idea as a panacea, to the point of fallacy. I think having/ imagining a desirable future is healthy and provides a stability that makes one more resistant to having depression/mania/psychosis triggered. As well, another benefit, it can make one more accepting of sacrifice/deprivation in the present. But what it neglects to understand is the multiple nature of the psyche engaged in an active environment, it assumes a fairly static/ vacuum self and environment. I don't know if that makes much sense, but without a range of understanding it can have some whiplash effect with reality. I do think it's much more healthy and rewarding than brooding over the past via psychoanalyst techniques of Freud (et al).

I got a big yap,
yap, yap, yap

Oh yea, I've scanned my memory about Huck Finn and there are bits and pieces of stories and film that come to mind, but I don't know if I read it. I'll need to refresh.