Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 07:45 PM   #266 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
Elliot Smith is just an annoying, overrated Nick Drake wannabe who is only popular because he offed himself.
Elliott*

Actually he was pretty popular before he offed himself, miss misery anyone? Plus no sh*t, it happens with any musician who dies even if they don't off themselves.

As for being an overrated Nick Drake i've yet to see where the comparison comes from and no one explains it to me. i've listened to Nick Drake's stuff and the only similarties i've seen is between Pink Moon and Roman Candle/Self-Titled and I wouldn't consider that a rip off seeing the similarty is something thats common through out the whole singer/songwriter genre which is the albums are acoustic.

Elliotts extremely talented, people don't appreciated his music enough. In addition to have one of the most pretty voices ever he was an excellent musician who was good at quite at all the instruments he played, and I have respect for someone if they play more then just guitar. Which he was also really good a, memory lane, angeles, and so on. He was a brilliant producer and arranged everything very well. I don't see how people can consider him a typical songwriter and listen to Figure 8 or XO.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote