Music Banter - View Single Post - Women=Evil
Thread: Women=Evil
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 09:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
TheUsedToolguy
Account Disabled

Quote:
When a guy sees another guy who is better looking, better dressed and more charming to women than he is a self-defense mechanism kicks in and the first guy thinks "what a jerk, I bet he's really shallow/self-centred/vain/dumb" to try to justify why that guy is doing better than they are. Good-looking guys are more successful at getting the girl, whether the guy be smart, dumb, nice or nasty. That's the only real link I've ever seen between somebody's persona and their 'success' with the opposite sex.
That's an interesting theory, and since I'm a very introspective person, I can look at that with an open mind. However, me being a guy in my mid 20's, I can tell you that aside from just wanting guys to be jerks because I'm jealous of them, there are other reasons. For example, how about the fact that many guys I've talked to w/ girlfriends frequently talk about how hot a woman is that's walking by, or how much he'd like to f*ck her, or guys w/ girlfriends that actually do f*ck other girls, and go around bragging about how he f*cked 2 girls yesterday, and his girlfriend doesn't suspect a thing. Your theory is worth a look, however you saying that's the only link you've seen pretty much says it all, because while I wish I could add it up to my underachieving ways or lack of self-esteem, (those can be changed, you can change yourself, you can't change others), in my experience it definitely seems to be true that more jerky guys can get girls. I actually have girls hit on me sometimes, but their approach is wack, like really pretentious. Why can't a girl just honestly like me for who I am, rather than me just striking her mood right at that time? Women and men today in their approach to liking the opposite sex, generally are very aggressive as opposed to assertive. When they see something they like, they must own it. And they sort of attack it, rather than love it. Does anyone know what I'm saying?
Postscript Crowquill: How 'bout people just make posts about whatever they want, and since my posts are pertaining to this thread, I don't see anything wrong. Go ahead, close the thread, and I won't say anymore, but I believe I ought to be able to make posts regarding the issue at hand. thx.
TheUsedToolguy is offline   Reply With Quote