Music Banter - View Single Post - TUTG's psych thread
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
TheUsedToolguy
Account Disabled

When I drop a pencil I usually start beating off.....

dangit APS, you made me lose my train of thought

Alright, when I'm out driving during the day, I'm constantly being cut off and passed by people who are in a highly neurotic state, and basically when they get out or away from their loved ones, or their peers, they feel they can behave a certain way and get away with it. They probably don't even realize how they're behaving. It's like this book I'm reading that talks about how people are so unwilling to take an introspective look at themselves due to their conditioned mind. The conditioned mind tells us that we need to seek material things and approval of others for our happiness. To break free from our conditioned behavior is an exercise in insanity to some degree. It is terrifying to give up the ideas of old, and try to find new ones. Even though the new ones might seem rather gratifying, we are stripped naked and bare for awhile, to be so different from the herd. I suppose this explains why the herd is so huge, and there are so many people out there that seem to communicate and behave in very similar fashion. Is it wrong? Not if it makes you happy. Well, I do what makes me happy, and that is to think much differently than most people, and my tao, so to speak, is to be very introspective. Does that mean everyone should do it? Well, I hardly see how people getting to know themselves better could possibly hurt, I mean it might hurt the individual for a time, but over time it will do a lot of good for them, and society at large.

Last edited by TheUsedToolguy; 03-09-2007 at 11:22 PM.