Music Banter - View Single Post - Do You Feel Trapped In A Teen Thought Police State?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ensemble
Prep Massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsedToolguy View Post
Of course stereotyping exists. I have a tendency to stereotype people. It's human nature. Your friends, I'm supposing, are judging you for being a traditional Christian, which I have nothing wrong with. I have something wrong with people who claim to be one thing, and then act a different way, but that doesn't mean because some Christians do that, that you're automatically one of them. As far as your friends, I'm willing to bet you're kind of like their whipping boy, because they have bigger issues with the church, and find you to be their best forum of communicae with the church. Obviously, they're not going to go up to adults, and criticize the church. They would either be too afraid to, or realize they couldn't win an argument with a person so set in their ways, so they criticize you instead. I'm not saying they're bad people. I'm just saying I think it's human nature, especially for young people, to become outlandish and even offensive, when discussing something they have a problem with. If I were you, I would tell your friends to stop throwing you into a group, and saying you must be wrong, because these guys are wrong. You might share the same beliefs as other Christians, but you are an individual, and are your own person.
wow.
that was beautiful!!!!
i really have to do something about these people doing that to me. but in order to concur them, i have to concur myself and once thats done, theyve been concured. i think buhhda said that
and you are exactly right about the whipping boy thing. someone i know talks to me about this and they say i am a scape goat. i know exactly why they said this. its true. but anyways, you put that perfectly. thats exactly what needs to be said to them.
Ensemble is offline   Reply With Quote