Music Banter - View Single Post - The Melvins Could Have Ruled the World
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

^ Neglect your spacebar anymore and I'll kill you.

I agree with the first post, the Melvins rarely put together a complete album, so in saying that it's extremely hard to recommend an album to a first time listener, the first time I heard them I'd downloaded many of their well loved individual tracks.

If I had to, Houdini, (A) Senile Animal and Ozma would be my picks. The latter 2 are better albums but Houdini is whats considered classic Melvins.

I'll up a few tracks of the various sounds they've gone through.

Late 80's
Grinding Process: Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
Echohead/Don't Piece Me: Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Early 90's
Zodiac: Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
Ballad Of Dwight Frye: Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
Night Goat (probably the most popular Melvins song along with...): Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
Honey Bucket (...this one): Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Mid 90's
Berthas: Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
The Bit: Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
At The Stake: Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Late 90's

2000's