Music Banter - View Single Post - The Great Global Warming Swindle
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 11:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontRunMeOver View Post
From what I can gather about the effects of 'greenhouse gases' and their place in global warming as a whole, humans probably would be able to lessen the extent of global warming slightly if they stopped using fossil fuels and doing all of those other human activities which produce CO2, but the major contributions to global warming come from sources beyond our control. I'd guess you'd have to get everybody on the planet to stop driving cars, using electricity, using fires and close down all the factories and airlines just to knock the average temperature down a few points of a degree. Most people wouldn't know what to do if you removed these utilities, including those in most parts of developing countries, so 'risking' a slightly higher temperature when its going to go up anyway is definitely worth it.

In my opinion a better plan is to focus less on how to minimise global warming and to start thinking and planning how we should deal with the global warming which IS going to happen. Well, I say we. Countries which might be going underwater or in which people will start dying when it gets too hot should start thinking.
1. I agree with you to an extent. I don't think people can do ANYTHING to change it. But even if we could, quality of life > .2 degree change.

2. Agreed.