Music Banter - View Single Post - Drugs And Music - Your Views
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

I love the idea of drugs and music. I'm not overly interested in whether an artist has taken them when they make music but just the whole idea of a trippy journey filled piece of music really floats my boat. If thats the artists intentions than great but if it's not it's even better. I like to think that the unintentionally trippy songs are the best because even the artist hasn't thought about where it's meant to be going.

I hardly ever take drugs yet a lot of the music I listen to just sort of takes me away anyway, I guess. Dopesmoker by Sleep, it's rediculous the amount of noise that is present there yet I pick up a rhythm in amongst all the noise and it's great. I also love the last 4 or 5 minutes of the Spaceship Landing song by Kyuss. Stuff by Hawkwind is particularly awesome, it's just psychedelic through and through.

I find I always sit there and think how awesome it would be to be on something and listening to the song, but even then it's still great.