Music Banter - View Single Post - my bands lyrics.
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
littleknowitall
Pow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontRunMeOver View Post
I think these lyrics will work very well for rock in terms of style, your singer seems to have a knack for hooky lines. "Lipstick fever", "bodies fuelling hate", things like that will sound great with heavy guitars.

Having said that, the lyrics in the verses for all three songs seemed to be using the same pattern over and over again, with similar numbers of syllables in each line. I wouldn't be surprised if your singer is re-hashing the same musical ideas for the verse of each song. A lot of people do this, but its **** so make sure he's not doing it!

OH! And I know from experience that he's currently using too many words. It's hard to trust a lyric if there aren't a few 1,2 or 3 syllable lines kicking around, especially in the choruses. Keep the great lines and chop away at the rest. Chop chop.
Aye i understand completely, and as it goes we're kinda going for a punk meets sleaze rock kinda sound so you were spot on there. The lyrics are sung very fast but i think it's more to do qith the riffs our guitarist comes up with, they're extrodinarily difficult to write to.
littleknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote