Music Banter - View Single Post - my bands lyrics.
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Kyren Tsunami
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontRunMeOver
If he's having to sing very fast all of the time then even if he can do it it'll probably annoy the listener quite quickly. Just make sure he tries singing less notes in some songs too and see how more compares with less.
I agree with that fact therefore the lyrics seem tonguetwisting but that just my opinion though. when I read it, I sychronized it in my term just for a test to it even if your songer doing it differently. The first lyric you posted, the first is catchable for the listener yet, it's repetitive, so as the chorus, despite of the swear word. lol but the second verse, it's have a bit alot of syllable, could this singer could finish it in a breath? unless it's smooth in tune of course but I don't see one though. the rest of it is fine. the second lyric, I really like the first verse, it go on somewhat fast then it slow down on the part "she's got a lipstick fever" but the part "it'll never leave her", the listener will think it sound like it was cut off, so expand a little to be like "it will never leave her" if you want. the ending of that verse is good. the chorus is good and a little funny but add "the" to "put the word out all over the town." The second verse is good but the third line have too much "the" and "all along" kinda corrupt the syllables though but you can make it to be "got sugar all on my finger tips" sweet and clean. lol the "it'll never leave her" line is the same as the first of course. the last verse is really good but the first line "The smile is fading, feeling's gonna multiply" it don't need "'s" but to make it a bit easier for fast tone, "the smile's fading, feelings gonna multiply" and the rest is good. I gonna stop to that because I don't want to go on any further XD. If this lyric "South of the border" ever become a single for your band, I'll definitely want to hear it ^^ but just make the lyric catchable for the listeners ok?