Music Banter - View Single Post - Just wondering if you guys could help with something...?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 08:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
benevans
Groupie

Question Just wondering if you guys could help with something...?

Hey,

I’m currently in my final year of a Media and Communications course at the University of Central England, Birmingham, England. I’m in the process of writing my dissertation under the topic of Punk music, and my question for the study reads;

“What values and meanings does the Punk music genre have for the users of the Music Banter forums?”

I’ve been browsing the forums for a while, and feel that this is a good place to conduct my study. In order to try and find the information I need I am going to post a few questions on here and hope that some of you could answer them as thoroughly as possible. So here goes:

1) When you hear the term ‘punk’, what sort of things do you think about and associate with it?
2) How do you think that punk has changed since it first emerged?
3) What are your opinions on the type of bands that are considered as punk today compared to the punk bands that were around years ago?
4) Do you think that punk is a male orientated culture? Or that females are involved just as much?
5) How do you think that the punk lifestyle differs from a number of years ago? For example, fashion, film, social lives etc.
6) Are you involved with or know of any local punk communities that are active local to you?
7) Do you think that punk (music) is more ‘mainstream’ now than it has been before?
8) Or is there still a large amount of underground punk that many people are not aware of?

Although it would be a great help, by no means do you have to answer every question here if you wish to contribute, as any contribution will be greatly appreciated. This study is purely for academic use only and will not be used commercially. If you could express your views and opinions and debate amongst yourselves some of the topics here then again, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks,
Ben
benevans is offline   Reply With Quote